Monday, October 12, 2015

Way bigger plans

One thing God showed me when I was in my season of being single is that he had big plans for me, plans bigger than I've ever dreamed He would use me for. He used our pastor at the time to confirm what He said.

My husband and I have also had a connection with Isaiah 54 from different perspectives.  My husband even preached a "bigger and better" sermon on this passage:

Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities. (Isaiah 54:2-3)

We were sharing with a woman at church yesterday about our vision that God would bring in so many children into our house that need healing, especially kids that have no families, much like he and I felt like growing up, that we didn't have a family, even though we did.

She said, "You do know that your house isn't big enough, right?" She also told us to write down what we left when we came from Oklahoma City to Houston, some of which were heirlooms, because he would restore that to us and then some.

On my husband's heart:  his library of books.

On my heart?  My sons.  I left part of my heart there with them, and my heart was so broken and still is that I don't see them so much. How I miss my loves.  I left my rocking chair there that my dad gave me when I was pregnant with Hunter that I cherish greatly, especially since it came from my dad, who is now with the Lord.  I miss my vinyl verses on my walls and the crosses. I miss having comfy couches and places to hide while I spend time with Him.

So I'm soaking with my kids this morning, and I'm experiencing the love of God. And that's when he let the secret out. We knew he had just shown us our house close to our church.  I was wondering how we could make our house bigger to accommodate more children. That's when he showed me we would own every house on the block except for the one right across from us. Those people are called to be grandparents to the kids. He will bring us people who are like-minded in their heart for kids who had a rough start in life and don't have families. Each house will have families and stability, and then the kids could go to their grandparent's house to do grandparent-y kind of stuff.

He even said our daughter, Sienna, would be healed the day of her 18th birthday, and she will join with us in this ministry to love children much like herself.  Sienna is going to be an amazing wife and mother to many children. All of our children will have the option to join us if they choose, but it's okay if God has other plans for them.

I know it's Him because I can't for the life of me figure out how that could possibly happen.  It's him because of the joy and praise that is welling over in my heart.

So when I try to worry about how just our day-to-day expenses will come, he is more than enough. He is our source of all things. He knows we need medicine, we need food, we need gas, we need money for our insurance and electric bill, as well as debts paid off.  If I don't keep myself lost in Him, I start to worry. Abba, let me become so lost in you that I know you're there to provide for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment