Saturday, April 27, 2013

God's Lavish Love for me...

(Disclaimer:  You know, I'm not God.  I would encourage you to go to the Word of Truth yourself (AKA the Bible) and SEE for yourself what God has to say on marriage.  Don't take my word as His absolute truth.  These are only my thoughts.  Just a thought before you waste money on another marriage retreat, or a book, or what some guy has to say about marriage.  The answers really are in the Bible.)

As of late, I've been hit with a revelation about marriage.  Saying there is something wrong with your marriage is like saying something is wrong with God himself.  He created marriage, so it is already perfect.  What is wrong is there are two imperfect individuals, where the enemy begins to hide in their individual issues and secretly tries to divide and conquer a one-flesh bond because he knows the danger of this great mystery.

My issue?  I have idols.  An idol is anything that comes before God in your life.  And if you thought a man could be jealous for his wife if any man should try to hit on her, that pales in comparison to how jealous God is for your love, to be first in your life.  My idols are seemingly innocent things.  For example, getting caught up with what is going on with my husband and making his issues my issues.  Missing my three boys from my first marriage as a battle to even see them continues to rage.  Raising a large family.  Throwing myself into countless hours of working from home.  All of these have taken priority over my Abba, who is my first love. 

So today, as I'm hit with the very fact that it is time to make Jesus my first love again, I am drowning in His love that He has lavished on me, that I should be called a daughter of God! It's so nice to KNOW God all over again, to be in intimate fellowship with Him. 

1 comment:

  1. This is good, you are beginning to See, but there is so much more to see. FYI It looks like this may post from my daughter's address, but this is Deanna

    ReplyDelete